At Marketing in a Box we take our clients’ and others’ data seriously. Here is the overview of our policy
Marketing in a Box and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
On May 25, 2018, the EU GDPR act will be in effect and impact the way businesses collect and hold data on EU subjects. The GDPR is a new privacy law that harmonizes and modernizes all EU countries’ data protection requirements and is designed to improve the way organizations handle personal data. It is a law aimed at protecting the rights of the EU citizen.
Although there are many new or enhanced requirements, core principles are unchanged. New rules have expanded the definition of personal data and expanded the reach to affect any company, even those outside the EU, that collects personal information of individuals in the EU. Our position, obligations and responsibilities are articulated in the data privacy notices and policy, all held on this site.
Marketing in a Box’s commitment to data privacy
Marketing in a Box welcomes this opportunity and is committed to protecting personal data that is used within the Marketing in a Box services that you use, and to ensure that we and our customers comply with our obligations regarding data.
How we use data:
- · To manage day to day communication with clients in a lawful process. This may include providing contact information to our workers abroad.
- · We never provide data to third parties unless they are connected with day-to-day work of the agency i.e. not for marketing purposes
- · We may use your data (if you opt in to our marketing) to make you aware of new services or provide you with legitimate information that may be of interest.
- · We will hold communications data until we are asked to remove it. Individuals and companies have 100% right to remove their data from our databases or ask how we obtained such data.
When to provide it
- · We provide individuals with privacy information on our website and emails
How to provide it
We provide the information in a way that is:
- · concise;
- · transparent;
- · intelligible;
- · easily accessible; and
- · uses clear and plain language.
Changes to the information
- · We aim to regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information.
Best practice – drafting the information
- · We put ourselves in the position of the people we’re collecting information about.
- · We carry out user testing to evaluate how effective our privacy information is.
Best practice – delivering the information
When providing our privacy information to individuals, we use a combination of appropriate techniques
Dedicated GDPR resources
We have a individual working to ensure GDPR preparations are being put in place. We are managing and protecting your data effectively and working to a strategic ambition of privacy by design. Key areas we’re working on include:
- · Updating data processing agreements with suppliers and ensuring key processors are aligned with our privacy policies.
- · Formally documenting privacy practices that we have in place, so we can comply with the enhanced record keeping requirements.
- · Enhancing processes, services and products with supporting privacy initiatives to help us fulfill our obligations.
If you find you have more specific enquiries not addressed on here, or would like to lodge a complaint, please contact info@Marketing-inaBox.com